The Gift of PROPHECY!
Prophecy is one of the love languages of God.
What are the 5 love languages?
• Quality Time
• Words of Affirmation
• Acts of Service
• Physical Touch
• These are outlined by Gary Chapman in a 1995 book, "The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate."
Two Types of Prophecy
• 1. Foretelling -- know the future
• 2. Forthtelling -- cause the future
The moment God speaks every particle in the universe scrambles to take on the shape Dan McCollam
True prophecy is speaking in accord with God.
• Prophecy – reveals God’s Plan for Man
• Prophecy – serves as an Encouragement to believers
God knows. God ordains.
Impossibility turns into reality.
Gives comfort to believers.
Forthtelling Causes the Future
• Ezekiel 37: 1-10
• The primary purpose of the gift of prophecy is not to direct or correct the Body of Christ but rather to encourage the church. Kris Vallotton
“This may not be the beginning of the end but it is definitely the end of the beginning.”
“And it shall be in the last days,” God says, “that I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters shall prophesy and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; even on My bondslaves, both men and women, I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit and they shall prophesy. And I will grant wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire, and vapor of smoke.
The sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood, before the great and glorious day of the Lord shall come. And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Acts 2:17-21)
The last days began on the Day of Pentecost and have been continuing ever since.
The Great and Terrible Day of The Lord
Day of Judgment
Only One will judge and that is God
No prophesying will happen, only judgment
The prophetic comes with the “last days.”
It is a GIFT from God!
Manifestation Gifts of The Spirit are listed in
I Corinthians 12: 4-11.
Paul says WE should earnestly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophesy.
I Corinthians 14: 1-3
• All are given a gift when saved. (1 Peter 4:10)
• Other gifts need to be asked for!
• Gifts cannot be “earned.”
1. Will you use the gift?
2. How is your character?
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Hebrews 11:6
Gifts are not the measuring stick for spiritual maturity.
Fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control
Today’s gifts are for:
Prophecy calls out the greatness in people!
You Don’t Mean Me!
Bill Johnson said, “You don’t mean me. I’m a pastor of 40 people in Weaverville!”
Kris Vallotton said “You don’t mean me. I’m a mechanic in Weaverville!”
A. Jesus said “you!”
B. The Elders said “you??!!”
God said, “$237,000? No problem!
From the book: School of the Prophets
“I was overwhelmed with anxiety, but I tried hard to hide it. I fathered my thoughts and proclaimed, “The Lord will raise all the money this morning for the prayer chapel that we are building because of the divine favor He has placed on Bill. God says this offering will be a public sign of the favor Bill has gained in heaven because he chose to fear God rather than fear the people when hundreds of them rejected the outpouring of My Spirit on this house and left the church.”
• Babies learn by trial and error!
• God showed me my potential with a wallet and then an exercise of failure.
• When the Holy Spirit moves, we can expect “messes” to occur. That is why Paul talked about doing “all things in order.” Have to have “all things” before there is a problem with order!
• I want to be “famous in heaven” and “known in hell!” How about you?
Come Stir Up YOUR Gifts and Let’s Learn to Hear the Holy Spirit together!